And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquility in them, and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought.” – Surat Ar-Rum, Verse 21.
Requirements from Ehealth Canada (Province of Saskatchewan)
Get a Marriage Licence
In Saskatchewan, couples who want to marry must purchase a Saskatchewan Marriage Licence.
A marriage licence is only valid for a period of three months, or 90 days. The marriage licence becomes effective the day after it is purchased. Therefore, the marriage licence can be purchased anywhere from one day to 90 days prior to the wedding ceremony.
The fee to purchase a marriage licence is $60.
Requirements from Masjid
- In order for the Masjid to perform any Nikkah, you must make a confirmed appointment in advance for the nikkah with the Imam.
- A valid legal marriage license is required..
- Nikkahs are usually performed after congregational Salah. For other. times, please contact the Imam.
- Both the bride and groom should be Muslims. A Muslim Wali and 2 Muslim witnesses are required for the Nikkah to be complete.
- If one or both of the individuals have been previously married, you are required to inform the Imam before the time of your Nikkah.
- photos are not permitted inside the Masjid. You will be able to utilize the Front Lobby for photographs.
- To make an appointment, you can meet with our Imam at IAS 222 Copland Crest, Saskatoon, Sk
**Providing false or inacurate information may result in a void Nikkah. The Masjid will not be held responsible if pertinant information is withheld at the time of Nikkah.**