“Whoever builds a mosque with the intention of seeking Allah’s pleasure , Allah will build for him a place in Paradise” Sahi Al-Bukari.
IAS Funeral Services
Inc. asks that you accept our condolences, trust Allah SWT’s will and pray for the Mercy & Forgiveness of
the deceased. To ensure the process runs smoothly, please follow these steps:
- Step 1: Contact Imam Ilyas Sidyot at 306-341-8888 (in Imam’s absence contact IAS Religious Affairs
Director) to inform him of the death.
- Step 2: Coordinate and set a time with the Imam and Saskatoon Funeral Home for the Ghusl (washing),
Janazah Prayer and Burial that is agreeable to all.
- Depending on the circumstances of the death, the Saskatoon Health Authority may require extra time
before releasing the deceased to Saskatoon Funeral Home due to other circumstances (Police etc.).
- Saskatoon Funeral Home will arrange to have the deceased transferred to the IAS for Ghusl + Janazah
Prayer and to the Woodlawn Cemetery (1502 2nd Ave N).
- Fees: The Family of the Deceased is ENTIRELY responsible for Saskatoon Funeral Home Fees +
Cemetery Fees (starting from $6226* approx.). For financial assistance you may apply to the IAS
Takaful Committee. For burial outside Canada the Fees start from $8,000-10,000*.
- Saskatoon Funeral Home Fees: $2152* approx. (payable prior to burial via credit card)
- $2000 + $50 regulatory fee + GST
- This includes transportation of the deceased from the place of death, registration of the
death, arrangements with Imam and the cemetery, use of the temporary casket, and
transportation to the cemetery in the funeral coach.
- Cemetery Fees: $4074* approx. but will vary per case (mailed out to the family within one week)
- Adult Plot: $1750
- Interment Fee including fiberglass dome: $1890
- Short notice fee (M-F, 9am-4pm): $240
- Extra Evening, Weekend & Holiday fees:
- Sat (9am-4pm): $615
- Sun & Holidays (9am-1pm): $855
- Overtime outside of service times: $155 per 1⁄2 Hour
- Example: The cemetery fees for a short notice burial during regular business hours would be
$1750 for the plot, $1890 for the Interment Fee and $240, plus 5% GST for a total cemetery
fee of $4074* (approximately).
- Note: If the deceased has made contributions to the Canada Pension Plan (CPP), he/she may be
eligible for a Death Benefit of $2500:
*Fees quoted are as of Oct 2019.
Information that the Saskatoon Funeral Home requires to issue a burial permit before the burial:
Wife’s Maiden Name:
Mother’s Maiden Name:
Next of Kin Information
Person Responsible For Funeral Expenses
Credit Card Number:
Credit Card Expiry Date: