“Whoever builds a mosque with the intention of seeking Allah’s pleasure , Allah will build for him a place in Paradise” Sahi Al-Bukari.
• IAS Board established a committee, consisting of 10 members in October 2010
• Mandate to give recommendation for New Masjid / Islamic Center
• Looked into different lands including IAS land
• Price for different lands was $1.6 Million to $2.4 Million
• Committee studied other Mosques – Calgary, Regina and Fort McMurray before making any decision
• Committee spent 16 Months to consider different options
• Recommendation given was to build the New Masjid / Islamic Center on IAS land
• Meeting Membership Approved the following Motion in March 2013
• Subdivide the 5 Acres of land and sell to Saskatoon Misbah School (SMS) .
• Establish a Fundraising Committee and Masjid Plan
Joint Effort With Saskatoon Misbah School
• SMS & IAS were working to finalize the zoning and other studies with regard to the land.
• SMS appointed reputable Consultant to assist in the pre- construction phase of the project that includes, figuring out water drainage plan, servicing options and the overall development costs.
• Completed Development Studies on the land with regard to both the New Masjid / Islamic Center and School Projects.
• Submitted the Discretionary Use Permit Application to Corman Park in October 2015.
• Responded to all comments from Corman Park, City of Saskatoon, Ministry of Highways and Neighbors on our planned projects. Amended application and study was sent in January 2016.
• Attended Corman Park planning committee and counsel meetings. Obtained the required approvals with regard to development of the Center and School Projects on April 18, 2016.
• Details of minutes of meetings can be found at Corman Park website.
Total Cost / Funding
• Total Cost – Approximately $8,000,000
• Fundraising will be done in other cities within Canada
• IAS will try to get some funds from other Countries.
Corman Park Approval
Approval Letter dated April 10, 2017
Please be advised that Council considered the subdivision application for the above parcel at their April 3, 2017 meeting and passed the following resolution “That the application of the Islamic Association of Saskatchewan to subdivide a 2.06 ha (5.09 acre) parcel from Parcel ‘H’, Plan 95S38867 Ext 1, SW 16-36-4-W3 for the purpose of creating separate titles for the previously approved Community Facilities consisting of a mosque and school as shown on the Plan of Proposed Subdivision submitted by Webb Surveys dated February 27, 2017 be APPROVED”.
Geotechnical Report was completed on May 02, 2017
• Constitution Amendment
• Technical drawing of the building and blue prints for the construction will be started
• Target > $500,000 (MINIMUM TO START THE CONSTRUCTION)